[Woke...] Emotional [woke] Maui resident rips Biden's 'slap in the face' [woke] wildfire response: 'Where's the [doddering / useless] president?'
Leroy N. Soetoro
2023-08-19 00:05:29 UTC
https://nypost.com/2023/08/18/emotional-maui-resident-asks-wheres-the-
president/

A Maui resident fought back tears on live TV as she attacked President
Biden for failing to respond to the deadliest US wildfire in more than a
century — dismissing his paltry offers of help as a “slap in the face.”

“?It’s really affecting me because where’s the president?” ??an emotional
Ella Sable ?Tacderan asked despairingly on CNN late Thursday.

“I mean, aren’t we Americans, too? We’re part of the United States. Why
are we getting put in the back pocket?

“Why are we being ignored?” she asked, at one point covering her face with
her hand.

Biden has repeatedly refused to even comment on the disaster and does not
plan to visit until Monday, nearly two weeks after the start of the
wildfire that has killed at least 111 people, with more than 1,000 still
unaccounted for.

The delayed visit by the 80-year-old chief executive — who appeared to
forget Maui’s name — will be in a break from a planned weeklong vacation
at Lake Tahoe in Nevada.

Tacderan first became emotional when CNN’s Kaitlan Collins asked if she
and her community in decimated Lahaina were “getting enough help from the
government.”

“My parents received a check for $700, which was a slap in the face,” she
said of the onetime grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency
(FEMA).

“Living in Hawaii, everything is so expensive. Groceries can be as much as
$700 just for one grocery run. And it’s not enough,” Tacderan complained.

She added that elderly families in Hawaii are basically “computer
illiterate,” which may explain why some people are being “turned away” on
their applications for FEMA assistance.

Her interview came hours after Biden again refused to comment on the
tragedy. “No, not now,” Biden said when asked about his planned trip
despite facing a backlash for a similar remark earlier in the week.

“Why is it important that you go?” a reporter asked Biden under the wing
of Air Force One in Scranton, Pennsylvania, but the president simply
replied, “Thank you” and walked away.

On Sunday, the commander-in-chief ignited a media firestorm by saying “No
comment” when asked about the deadliest US fire in over a century as he
left a Delaware beach.

And on Tuesday, he appeared to forget the name “Maui” and referred to the
island as “the one where you see on television all of the time.”

“I apologize because I try very hard to keep my speeches between 15 and 18
minutes, but I got to talk a little bit about Hawaii,” Biden said in an
apparent attempt at humor as the already historic death toll keeps rising.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Wednesday that Biden
will “meet with first responders, survivors, as well as federal, state and
local officials, in the wake of deadly wildfires on the island.”

JusttheFacts
5 hours ago

Hard to have sympathy or even donate money. That state is bluer the blue.
This is exactly what they voted for. Let’s see if they have what it
takes to vote differently.

Larry_Mondello
5 hours ago

Hawaii is solid blue. You know this person, her family and her friends
vote the straight D ticket, always have and always will. They got the
government they voted for.

Where’s the president?

How could anyone possibly know the answer when the president doesn’t know
where he is?

Or, who he is?
--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

Rick East
2023-08-19 02:38:13 UTC
ilin
Trump's going to wish he was woke when the prison rapes and beatings start.
Old men don't fair well in that environment.