The World's 4 top priority problems as of 2006 and what to do about them
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-25 19:33:16 UTC
These are the world's top problems and I offer solutions. They are
ranked according to pressing need and priority. That is, some require
more urgent attention than others.

(#1) Nuclear warhead proliferation. Some five years ago I said this is
this planets' number one problem. Call it a civilization suicide. Call
it country annihilation. It is a world where the most advanced
countries can be annihilated almost overnight by backward countries
like North Korea or Iran. North Korea could extinguish Japan in 12
hours. Back in year 2000 with the clamouring over Kashmir by Pakistan
and India could have ignited a nuclear war and left the rest of the
planet in radioactive waste pollution.

Solution: our political structure does not have any deterrants for
rogue countries wanting to build nuclear weapons. The deterrant is a
M.A.D. Fleet (Mutually Assured Destruction Fleet) which is armed with
nuclear weapons and parks itself off the coast of any country leaning
to become rogue. Should this Fleet be attacked or thwarted by the rogue
country means mandatory regime change. If the rogue country already has
nuclear weapons such as Pakistan or India and one of them fires or
launches nuclear then the Fleet annihilates the attacking country with
nuclear weapons.

Only in this fashion, will the world start to dismantle its nuclear
weapons and countries that have no nuclear weapons will never want to
build them.

(#2) Human Overpopulation. This problem creates wars and creates
suffering, starvation, criminality, and even creates terrorism. The
cause of many past wars in the world were directly a cause of human
overpopulation. In the 20th century, World War One and World War Two
was mostly about cleaning out the overpopulated European and Asian
continents. The killing of Archduke Ferdinand was just a convenient
excuse to embark. In the 19th century the USA Civil War was mostly
because the North had a large enough population that it was not going
to accept the decadent Southern lifestyle.

Solution: Countries must craft laws to limit their populations. We must
begin to limit how many children any woman can have. China has begun a
program of one child per woman. Such a program needs to be legislated
across the world.

We see this problem starkly with the USA and Mexico border where every
overpopulated country south of the USA is sneeking their overpopulated
people into the USA. It is an invasion. And unless the USA closes that
border permanently, then the USA will become another Latin American
banana republic. They will outnumber us and then take control of the
goverance of the country.

Human Overpopulation is more important than global warming because if
the population were balanced, Global Warming would not be a pressing
concern.

(#3) Birdflu Pandemic. The virus H5N1 threatens to become pandemic such
as the 1918 Spanish Flu. This is a more important pressing problem than
even global warming for the moment, because we do have a solution for
Global Warming but none should H5N1 become pandemic.

Solution: My solution is to create a High Security Test Laboratory
where we create a pandemic killer before Nature creates it. We create
it in this Ultra High Security lab so that we can create a cure
(hopefully) ahead of Nature creating it in the wild. If we do not do
this, then the chances are great that like the Bubonic Plague or Black
Plague killed half the population of Europe. So half of the population
of humanity-- 4 billion people could die in a bad case scenario of
birdflu.

(#4) Global Warming. This is a major problem but not as pressing as the
above 3. And its solution is much easier than the above 3. It can be
solved in a matter of one year time. Whereas the above 3 have no
assured solution. Many people have spoken of this problem and Al Gore
probably the most eloquent. And it is a shame that Al Gore was not
elected in 2000 instead of the anti-science current occupant of the
White House.

Solution: the solution is quite simple and easy. We already have the
solution going on now. In the form of volcanic action in year 2006. We
are experiencing a very cool summer compared to last year due to the
ash and reflectants in the atmosphere. Cars and engines also emit ash
and soot and dirt into the air that reflects sunlight and creates
Global Cooling. So I propose to inject Aluminum Sequin into the Upper
Atmosphere via the routes of high altitude commercial aircraft and of
the Space Shuttle and Space Station. In one year time, we can inject
enough Aluminum Sequin as to make Global Warming into Global Cooling.
Problem: the only real problem I can see in this is the affect on green
plants. We already notice that plants in Europe and USA receive 10%
less sunlight due to the dirt and soot and ash in the air. But this
problem is connected to human overpopulation and we must strike a
balance. This planet can only accomodate a certain given human
population so that we can still have large animals, can still have a
decent living standard for everyone and can have a "decent world
climate". If human population is too large, then it affects what the
overall climate of Earth can be and it cannot be good.

So all the problems mentioned are related, some more than others. But
they must be tackled in some order of priority.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
Roger Coppock
2006-06-25 19:57:31 UTC
We saw this silly orbit Aluminum sequin to stop global warming
idea a few months ago. Here is how I debunked it then.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Let's run some numbers on this idea . . .
The solar constant is ~1367 Watts per Meter squared
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Constant
Global Warming is now about 3 watts per meter squared,
which is 0.2% of the solar constant.
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/data/simodel/
(Global Warming will quadruple in a century or two.)

The cross sectional area of the Earth is 125,000,000 km²
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Constant

The area of Aluminum sequin in orbit needed to remove the current
global warming is, therefore roughly .002 * 125,000,000 km squared
or 300000 km squared.

If your sequins were one 10,000th of a meter thick, you would need
to orbit 30 km cubed worth of Aluminum.

The density of Aluminum is 2.70 g/cm³.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminum

One km cubed is equal to 10 to the 15 cm cubed.

So you want to orbit 8 times 10 to the 13 the power kg
of Aluminum.

Well then, GOOD LUCK.
Even if you could reduce this by, say, making your sequins
1/1000 thiner, it would still be impossible. But . . .

I've got an idea! WHY NOT JUST REDUCE THE EMISSIONS
OF GREENHOUSE GASES? Wouldn't that be easier?
Of course, one could not write good science fiction with
this solution, because greenhouse gas reduction is just
too practical.
Post by a***@hotmail.com
These are the world's top problems and I offer solutions. They are
[ . . . ]
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-25 20:34:38 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
(#4) Global Warming. This is a major problem but not as pressing as the
above 3. And its solution is much easier than the above 3. It can be
solved in a matter of one year time. Whereas the above 3 have no
Solution: the solution is quite simple and easy. We already have the
solution going on now. In the form of volcanic action in year 2006. We
are experiencing a very cool summer compared to last year due to the
ash and reflectants in the atmosphere. Cars and engines also emit ash
and soot and dirt into the air that reflects sunlight and creates
Global Cooling. So I propose to inject Aluminum Sequin into the Upper
Atmosphere via the routes of high altitude commercial aircraft and of
the Space Shuttle and Space Station. In one year time, we can inject
enough Aluminum Sequin as to make Global Warming into Global Cooling.
We need to get people like Roger Coppock out of science and out of
education for they do far more harm. And they crank their nonsense
filled with errors over and over.

I cannot go aroung correcting Roger everytime he opens his big mouth
and blurts out errors. Perhaps that is what Roger wants and
psychologically needs. To tie up smart people and to correct them
everytime they open there mouth. Sort of a psychological depravity of
sick people.

Roger's numbers above are applied wrongly. Roger's above denies Global
Cooling. And Global Cooling has been proven true. There is proof of
Global Cooling in that Israel now has 20% less sunlight on its
agriculture. Europe has about 10% less and USA about 8% less. All
because of the reflective dirt and ash and soot in the air.

So Roger Coppock above would say Global Cooling does not exist.

This is my last post ever to mention Roger Coppock for he is in my
killfile, but because Roger is such a persistant and error filled
respondent.

They say the Internet is self-policing and that other logical and
reasoned readers will clamp down on error cranks like Roger Coppock
from his hate spamming posts. But I doubt they will step in and put the
clamps on such a one as Roger Coppock.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
Psychopaths News Service
2006-06-25 20:45:55 UTC
We realize that deaths by Weather of Mass Destruction (WMDs) does not
come fast enough and often enough for the true psychopaths, so we at
Psychopaths News Service strive to please our subscribers with fun
items about slaughters, mayhem and maiming to ease the boredom between
wholesale destructions. WMDs are Global-Scale Murder-Suicides, so
fans of WMDs, today a special treat:

Today's Special: Murder-Suicides Violent Crimes

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/breaking_news/14900596.htm
Police: Murder-suicide shooter was former Collier County deputy -- CAPE
CORAL, Fla. - The man who shot his estranged wife's aunt and father
before apparently killing himself quit his job as a Collier County
sheriff's deputy three days before the shootings, authorities said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13535431/
Police piece together double murder-suicide -- CAPE CORAL: A normally
quiet area of Cape Coral was drastically different Friday night.
Police, fire and ambulance crews headed to 1021 SW 18th Place where
neighbors say they heard gunshots.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/06/25/murder_suicide_stuns_peabody/
Murder-suicide stuns Peabody - As investigation continues, friends,
family mourn 3 lives -- PEABODY -- George D. Kalogeropoulos considered
himself an underachiever, but an honest one. ``I don't have time to
lie," the 25-year-old wrote in his profile on MySpace.com. He dreamed
of having children one day, and the gallery of pictures he posted on
the website show him smiling with friends and family, including two
photos with his father, Demetrios .

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/orl-bk-threedead062406,0,483927.story?coll=orl-news-headlines
Man shoots in-laws in apparent murder-suicide -- CAPE CORAL -- A man
shot his estranged wife's aunt and father before killing himself in a
southwest Florida home, police said Saturday. Emergency dispatchers
received a call at 9:15 p.m. on Friday and sent police to respond to a
domestic dispute involving a firearm, Cape Coral police spokeswoman
Dyan Zedeker said. The shooter, 29-year-old Tomas Ciesla, killed Carol
Lindner, his wife's 63-year-old aunt and also killed Thomas Podejko,
his wife's father, police said. He also wounded Thomas Lindner, his
wife's uncle, though the man's injury is not life-threatening. Ciesla
did not shoot his wife, Amy Ciesla, who had gone to live with her
father, Zedeker said.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/06-06/06-24-06/02state-region.htm
Three found dead in apparent murder-suicide -- PEABODY - Police said
yesterday a 25-year-old man apparently shot and killed his father and
younger sister inside their family home before taking his own life in a
vehicle in the driveway.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_174214308.html
911 Tape Released In Hotel Murder-Suicide - Man Threw Kids, Himself
From Hotel Balcony -- MIAMI BEACH, Fla. A woman called 911 screaming
"why" when she discovered her husband had tossed their two sons off the
15th floor of a South Beach hotel before jumping to his own death,
according to recordings released Friday.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060623/NEWS01/606230407/-1/BUSINESS07
DETROIT MURDER-SUICIDE: Woman feared for her life, family says -- Cops:
Man killed 2, drowned self

http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=5068294
Bodies of Missing Mother and Daughter Found in Bayou ... St. Martin
Parish sheriff's detectives say this appears to be a case of
murder-suicide. Dorothy and Keisha Quebedeaux had been missing since
last Saturday. ...

http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5067145
Murder-suicide suspected in death of Cecilia mother and daughter

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/two-dead-in-apparent-murder-suicide/2006/06/23/1150845342836.html
Two dead in murder suicide -- Two people are dead after an apparent
murder suicide shooting incident in southern NSW. -- NSW Police were
called to a laneway off Coronandel Street, Goulburn, about 4.45pm
(AEST) yesterday after receiving reports of gunshots. A 32-year-old man
and a 24-year-old woman were located in the laneway each suffering a
gunshot wound.

http://www.newsreview.info/article/20060622/NEWS/60622009
Coordinator of suicide party found guilty, insane -- KLAMATH FALLS,
Ore. (AP) - A Klamath Falls man who tried to organize a Valentine's
Day suicide party and was charged with solicitation to commit murder
has been sentenced to the state mental hospital.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,39371.html
Cunupia murder/suicide -- Wife killer 'a cool person' -- The
Cunupia man who strangled his wife on Friday and then committed suicide
by drinking gramoxone has been described by his colleagues at Nestle
(Trinidad) as a cool person, who hardly mingled or spoke openly about
his problems.

http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060621/NEWS03/606210408/1041
Man, wife die in murder-suicide - Deaths of Manalapan couple tied to
marriage troubles -- MANALAPAN - About a week after his wife began
efforts to dissolve their marriage, a restaurant owner shot and killed
her and then fatally shot himself, authorities said yesterday.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Thursday/National/20060622085017/Article/local1_html
Murder-suicide: Couple's bodies found in flat -- GEORGE TOWN: An
unemployed man stabbed his Thai wife to death before hanging himself at
their flat in Lebuh Sungai Pinang Satu, Sungai Pinang, on Tuesday
night.

http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,19528794%255E421,00.html
Police probe 'multiple murder-suicide' -- POLICE are investigating a
possible multiple murder-suicide with three people found dead at a
property near Maleny in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. Police were
called to the property, on the Maleny- Kenilworth Road at Witta, north
of Maleny, after receiving information about a non-suspicious death
about 7.40am (AEST) today. When they arrived at the home, police found
the body of a man and a woman inside a house. The body of another woman
was found in a second house on the property after a further search by
police.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/14850022.htm
Convenience store killings believed to be murder-suicide - GREENSBURG,
Kan. - A variety store employee here is believed to have fatally shot
his co-worker then killed himself, authorities said. The bodies of
29-year-old Matthew Towner and 26-year-old Alicia Huebler were found at
Duckwall's in this southern Kansas town late Friday. Kiowa County
Sheriff Galen Marble said autopsy results indicate Towner shot Huebler
in the head and then shot himself. "Everything at this point indicates
a murder-suicide," Marble said.

http://wfmz.com/cgi-bin/tt.cgi?action=viewstory&storyid=17239
Murder-Suicide Suspected in Bucks -- Bucks County officials are
calling it a murder-suicide involving a couple in their seventies.
Tinicum Township police say a caregiver found the bodies of 76-year-old
Nils Hedin and his 72-year-old wife Helen at their home yesterday
morning. Both had been shot in the head. Officers found two guns next
to the bodies, but haven't determined whether one or both had been
used. Police say the couple had been suffering from numerous ailments.

http://www.kake.com/news/headlines/3183681.html
Co-Workers Dead After Apparent Murder-Suicide -- June 18 - A small
Kansas town is coping with its first murder in more than a decade.
Police say the suspect shot and killed a woman then turned the gun on
himself. It happened Friday night in Greensburg at the Duckwalls
general store.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/14813237.htm
Two people dead in murder-suicide at SoCal hospital parking lot --
DUARTE, Calif. - A man and a woman died Tuesday in an apparent
murder-suicide in the parking lot of City of Hope National Medical
Center, authorities said. The woman died at the scene and the man died
later at another hospital, sheriff's Deputy Ban Nguyen said. "We
believe it is a suicide murder," Nguyen said.

http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5044608&nav=menu192_11_13
San Antonio Police investigate deaths as murder-suicide -- SAN ANTONIO
-- Police believe a 27-year-old woman killed her former live-in
boyfriend and her two children before turning the gun on herself
Saturday morning. Officers found a 41-year-old man lying outside a
house with a gunshot wound to his back, police said in a news release.
Jik Bombo
2006-06-25 21:27:29 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
We need to get people like Roger Coppock out of science and out of
education for they do far more harm. And they crank their nonsense
filled with errors over and over.
He's got his units wrong, again.

Must be a teacher on the public dole . . . .
Psychopaths News Service

Roger Coppock
2006-06-26 01:24:34 UTC
This is an old creationist tactic, claim that the other
side has made grievous errors, but never specify them.
Reminds me of the way fossil fools attempt to discredit
climate models.
Post by Jik Bombo
Post by a***@hotmail.com
We need to get people like Roger Coppock out of science and out of
education for they do far more harm. And they crank their nonsense
filled with errors over and over.
He's got his units wrong, again.
What units, where?
Jik Bombo
2006-06-26 21:05:56 UTC
Post by Roger Coppock
This is an old creationist tactic, claim that the other
side has made grievous errors, but never specify them.
I didn't say "grievous errors".

Check your units.
Eric Swanson
2006-06-25 22:05:03 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Post by Roger Coppock
We saw this silly orbit Aluminum sequin to stop global warming
idea a few months ago. Here is how I debunked it then.
=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D
So you want to orbit 8 times 10 to the 13 the power kg
of Aluminum.
Well then, GOOD LUCK.
Even if you could reduce this by, say, making your sequins
1/1000 thiner, it would still be impossible. But . . .
[cut]
Post by a***@hotmail.com
We need to get people like Roger Coppock out of science and out of
education for they do far more harm. And they crank their nonsense
filled with errors over and over.
Why? Your proposal is crap, IMHO. See below.
Post by a***@hotmail.com
I cannot go aroung correcting Roger everytime he opens his big mouth
and blurts out errors. Perhaps that is what Roger wants and
psychologically needs. To tie up smart people and to correct them
everytime they open there mouth. Sort of a psychological depravity of
sick people.
You may think you are being smart, but you are ignoring basic physics.
First off, you need to put these sequins in orbit, since atmospheric
placement would need be repeated often. In low Earth orbit, they would
be subject to atmospheric drag and, being very think, would fall out of
orbit and burn up. Besides, in LEO, they would not shade for most of the
orbit and would actually brighten up the night sky on the dark side of
the Earth opposite the sun. Place them at the Lagrange point and solar
pressure would move them away rather quickly. It's a bad idea.
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Roger's numbers above are applied wrongly. Roger's above denies Global
Cooling. And Global Cooling has been proven true. There is proof of
Global Cooling in that Israel now has 20% less sunlight on its
agriculture. Europe has about 10% less and USA about 8% less. All
because of the reflective dirt and ash and soot in the air.
The atmospheric shading by dust and black carbon may also warm the
atmosphere to some degree, as some of the sunlight may be absorbed
also. Besides, your sequens would not work like soot or dust.
Where are your assumptions and calculations about your sequens plan?
--
Eric Swanson --- E-mail address: e_swanson(at)skybest.com :-)
Lloyd Parker
2006-06-26 10:35:35 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
[...]
OK, you're lying, doofus.
Post by a***@hotmail.com
There is proof of
Global Cooling in that Israel now has 20% less sunlight on its
agriculture. Europe has about 10% less and USA about 8% less. All
because of the reflective dirt and ash and soot in the air.
They let inmates have internet access?
Post by a***@hotmail.com
So Roger Coppock above would say Global Cooling does not exist.
This is my last post ever to mention Roger Coppock for he is in my
killfile, but because Roger is such a persistant and error filled
respondent.
Looney to the googleplex!
The Ghost In The Machine
2006-07-02 01:00:03 UTC
We saw this silly orbit Aluminum sequin to stop global warming idea a few
months ago. Here is how I debunked it then. =-=-=-=-=-=-=
Let's run some numbers on this idea . . . The solar constant is ~1367
Watts per Meter squared http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Constant Global
Warming is now about 3 watts per meter squared, which is 0.2% of the solar
constant.
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/data/simodel/ (Global Warming will quadruple in a
century or two.)
The cross sectional area of the Earth is 125,000,000 km²
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Constant
The area of Aluminum sequin in orbit needed to remove the current global
warming is, therefore roughly .002 * 125,000,000 km squared or 300000 km
squared.
There is an additional issue. Sequins orbiting the Earth at, say, 2,000
km height would form a band of length 5.264 * 10^7 m in length and
indeterminate width, though probably for the sake of argument one
should assume the Earth's diameter, which is about 12756 km. There are a
few issues regarding crossovers, as each sequin has its own orbit; the
number of collisions could be...interesting.

The total surface area of this aluminum band is about 6.7148 * 10^14 m^2,
or 6.7148 * 10^8 km^2, or 671,480,000 km^2. That introduces a factor of
5.37x in one's calculations, if one uses this method. Obviously one can
also orbit the sequins at the Earth-Sun Lagrange point, if it makes sense
to get them up there, which by your calculations it doesn't. :-)

If one uses low earth orbit there is the additional complication of
impeding the Earth's infrared nighttime irradiation. This impediment is
probably relatively minor, as the Earth radiates in all directions,
whereas the Sun comes in from a relatively limited angle. It might
also interfere with astronomical observations.

I'm also wondering how LEO sequins will be able to position themselves so
that they can guarantee that the Sun's light doesn't hit them then reflect
back onto the Earth's surface. Such would make for an interesting display
but reduce the effectiveness. There is also the issue that sequins would
be reduced in effectiveness if they're not positioned to be absolutely
perpendicular to the Sun-Earth ray path; a "tilted" sequin would reflect
less light away.

One would also run into a *very* bizarre issue, which Gravity Probe B
tried to measure; the sequins would experience a torque just from Earth's
spinning, even were the Earth a perfect sphere, which it's not; there are
also issues regarding the tuggings of various other planets and such which
would also affect their positions. Briefly put, each of these sequins
would probably require an onboard gyro or even a rocket propulsion system.

And then there are the incoming meteorites. If enough holes are punched
in the aluminum, the debris might eventually reduce the system to aluminum
"sand", again reducing its effectiveness.

I'm also wondering how much CO2 is introduced into the air from a rocket
launch.
If your sequins were one 10,000th of a meter thick, you would need to
orbit 30 km cubed worth of Aluminum.
Wikipedia suggests aluminum foil thickness can be about 0.013mm (13 µm)
(1.3*10^-5 m) thick, but varies in thickness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminum_foil

I suppose it is possible to make it even thinner since this particular
aluminum foil would not be subject to that much stress; however, it's
still a lot of aluminum to throw into space. At a cost of about $20K/kg
(though low earth orbit might be $10K/kg, or even lower -- see
http://www.futron.com/pdf/FutronLaunchCostWP.pdf) 10 µm thickness (this
is 1/100,000 m thick, BTW), one gets 8*10^12 kg (8 billion metric tonnes),
at a cost of $1.6 * 10^17 or about 16,000x the current US economy's
GDP/year.

That's a lot.... :-) and it's far from clear how much additional expense
would be needed to refine the bauxite into this foil, though compared to
launch costs it's probably not much.
The density of Aluminum is 2.70 g/cm³.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminum
One km cubed is equal to 10 to the 15 cm cubed.
So you want to orbit 8 times 10 to the 13 the power kg of Aluminum.
Well then, GOOD LUCK.
Even if you could reduce this by, say, making your sequins 1/1000 thiner,
it would still be impossible. But . . .
I've got an idea! WHY NOT JUST REDUCE THE EMISSIONS OF GREENHOUSE GASES?
Wouldn't that be easier? Of course, one could not write good science
fiction with this solution, because greenhouse gas reduction is just too
practical.
The economic dislocation would be quite interesting here in the US, in a
nasty sort of way. I'm assuming that, as oil prices go up to ridiculously
high levels, gasoline will be very hard to beg, borrow, or steal, and
housing prices farther away than bicycling distance will plummet, unless
electrically powered mass transit is also available -- presumably using
nuclear or renewables such as solar, wind, and hydroelectric.
(Unfortunately around here we use diesel, but that could be converted to
biodiesel, if there's enough.)
Post by a***@hotmail.com
(#4) Global Warming. This is a major problem but not as pressing as the
above 3. And its solution is much easier than the above 3. It can be
solved in a matter of one year time. Whereas the above 3 have no
Solution: the solution is quite simple and easy. We already have the
solution going on now. In the form of volcanic action in year 2006. We
are experiencing a very cool summer compared to last year due to the ash
and reflectants in the atmosphere. Cars and engines also emit ash and
soot and dirt into the air that reflects sunlight and creates Global
Cooling. So I propose to inject Aluminum Sequin into the Upper
Atmosphere via the routes of high altitude commercial aircraft and of
the Space Shuttle and Space Station. In one year time, we can inject
enough Aluminum Sequin as to make Global Warming into Global Cooling.
Given my and Roger's calculations, this is extremely silly. It would take
millennia to do anything useful with aluminum sequins, even were launch
costs 1/100 of what they are now.
#191, ***@earthlink.net
It's still legal to go .sigless.
a***@hotmail.com
2006-07-02 07:25:32 UTC
The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
(snipped)
Post by The Ghost In The Machine
If your sequins were one 10,000th of a meter thick, you would need to
orbit 30 km cubed worth of Aluminum.
Given my and Roger's calculations, this is extremely silly. It would take
millennia to do anything useful with aluminum sequins, even were launch
costs 1/100 of what they are now.
--
It's still legal to go .sigless.
Your calculations miss the points. Probably because you have no model.
You need Pinatuba to make any sense of what you are figuring.

But there is something eerie about this. Notice that Pinatuba Volcano
in 1991 spewed about 30 km cubed which caused the summer of 1992 to be
the coolest summer ever recorded in recent history.

So we know what the EFFECT of 30 Km cubed is.

We know that airplanes travel daily and can release 30 Km cubed or more
in a year into the apogee of their flightpath.

Here I no longer want aluminum. I want CARBON such as in cotton
particles or Cottonwood seed or ground up wood pulp that is reflective.

Here I am going to rely on our daily airplanes to solve Global Warming.

Aluminum would be good for outer space of the Space Station and beyond,
but more practical is the use of Carbon released by commercial
aircraft.

So all I need is 30 cubic kilometers. I do not need to solve Global
Warming in one day. Every year we put 30 cubic kilometers of carbon
particles via airplane flights and year by year the ice caps return and
the glaciers in mountains return.

But there is a limit to this in that we cannot reflect too much
sunlight because we make the plant kingdom unstable. I notice it
already in my cucumbers and tomatoes are behind schedule due to the
less amount of sunlight caused by Global Cooling (pollutants). So the
balancing point is the number of humans. This planet cannot afford its
present 7 billion. Perhaps 4 to 5 billion humans is all this planet can
afford to have a good world environment.

Most of the problems we face now and in the future are directly related
to human overpopulation.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
a***@hotmail.com
2006-07-02 21:45:55 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
(snipped)
Post by The Ghost In The Machine
If your sequins were one 10,000th of a meter thick, you would need to
orbit 30 km cubed worth of Aluminum.
Please tell me, I just curious as to where you got the figure of 30 km
cubic. I have a nasty habit of not following someone's arguement when I
know they are wrong overall. Did you get this figure of 30 cubic
kilometer from me? From the Pinatuba emission which was 30 cubic
kilometers of some sulfide gas which reflects sunlight and caused the
1992 summer to be the coldest on record? Or did you get that 30 cubic
kilometers from how much increase in temperature Global Warming causes.

I just want to make sure you derived 30 cubic kilometers on your own
and not from Pinatuba.
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Post by The Ghost In The Machine
Given my and Roger's calculations, this is extremely silly. It would take
millennia to do anything useful with aluminum sequins, even were launch
costs 1/100 of what they are now.
Not really. Aluminum is very much more reflective of Sunlight when
placed into orbit at the Space Station or beyond. More reflective than
the 30 Km cube of pollutants (sulfides) emitted by Pinatuba. Perhaps a
factor of 10 times more reflective. So that we could do the same with
only 3 cubic kilometers of Aluminum Sequin in Space Station orbit as
the whole of Pinatuba's 30 cubic kilometers of sulfide reflectors
pollutants. The trouble is to transport 3 cubic kilometers of Aluminum
Sequin into orbit.

But better yet, let us use our daily jet airplanes who fly over our
skies for their commercial business. And thus, have a free transport
ride to solve Global Warming. Emit Paper Sequin at the apogee of the
airplanes flightpath.

I do not yet have a reliable number as to how much Paper Sequin can be
released in a year's time. I do know that the total number of airplanes
in flight during a year is far more than the volume of 30 cubic
kilometers. And even just the cargo capacity of airplanes during a
single year is far more than 30 cubic kilometers.
Post by a***@hotmail.com
[...]
To start this program I need a Test Pilot Case. Sorry for the pun since
it is commercial aircraft. The Test Pilot Case to convince even the
worst critics, I envision that the waters over the North Atlantic from
the 20 degree latitude to that of about the latitude of Jacksonville
Florida across to that of North Africa. That belt of latitude which
most hurricanes are borne and travel through. So if we mass produce
something of a Cotton texture or Cottonwood Seeds (from the tree only
mass produced imitator) and covered the skies in that latitude belt by
airplanes dumping that reflectant in their apogee.

If as a result of this Test Pilot Case, no hurricanes are borne in 2006
and where people would generally agree from the weather of 2006 that it
was cooler than previous years. Would in my estimation count as a huge
success and that we should thence require all airplanes to emit some
Paper Sequin in their flight.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
C***@gmail.com
2006-07-03 02:52:25 UTC
I didn't know you were a real person Mr. Plutonium!!!

Could you please tell me what you think about a theory I've been
working on alt.magick with some friends?

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.magick/browse_frm/thread/5a338c688ef760bd/55d3f3761d6fa7ba?lnk=st&q=archimedes+plutonium&rnum=2#55d3f3761d6fa7ba

I think your theorys on Pi and the Plutonium atom are genius! And I
really admire you.
Prosecute Koch Brothers for Global Warming FLOOD Damages
2006-07-03 03:44:11 UTC
Hydrogen. Look it up.
Electrolysis. Look it up.
Photovoltaics. Look it up.

It's freaking Magickkk... Plus it works and it's cheaper than anything
else plus it doesn't try to salvage destructive lifestyle patterns or
thinking.
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-26 07:13:50 UTC
(snipped)
Post by a***@hotmail.com
[...]
The summer of 1992 was the coolest I have experienced. Maybe it was
different in the southern hemisphere.

--- quoting from
http://www.bucks.edu/~serfesm/newclsnts1.html ---
LARGE ERUPTIONS EXPEL FINE GRAINED DEBRIS AND DUST INTO THE
STRATOSPHERE WHERE IT SPREADS AROUND THE GLOBE AND CAN REMAIN FOR
MONTHS OR POSSIBLY YEARS. THE SUSPENDED MATERIAL, PARTICULARLY DROPLETS
OF SULFURIC ACID FILTER OUT SOME OF THE SOLAR RADIATION. EXAMPLES
INCLUDE:
--- end quoting from http://www.bucks.edu/~serfesm/newclsnts1.html ---

--- quoting from http://climate.umn.edu/doc/journal/cool0408.htm ---
How will the summer of 2004 shape up? Given the current National
Weather Service forecast for the next week and assuming the rest of the
month is normal, 2004 would barely finish in the top 20 coldest summers
for the Twin Cities. 1992 and 1993 both would beat 2004 for coolness.
In fact 1992 has the #2 spot for all time coolest summers in the Twin
Cities and 1993 is in 17th place.
--- end quoting from http://climate.umn.edu/doc/journal/cool0408.htm
---

It is estimated that the volume of ash of Mt. Pinatuba in the
Philippines of volcanic eruption in June of 1991 is about 30 cubic
kilometers.

How many airplane flights during a year worldwide? What is the cargo
capacity for Aluminum Sequin per plane? Can the world's airplanes cargo
haul 30 cubic kilometers per year.

What is the amount of superior reflectivity of Aluminum Sequin rather
than ash and dust? So that we need not put 30 cubic kilometers but
perhaps only 1 cubic kilometer.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
Prosecute Koch Brother for Global Warming FLOOD Damages
2006-07-02 08:11:43 UTC
I made a model of Pinatuba out of Cottonwood seeds, but it's still HOT!
The idea sucks.
a***@hotmail.com

Eric Swanson
2006-06-26 13:39:44 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
(snipped)
Post by a***@hotmail.com
(#4) Global Warming. This is a major problem but not as pressing as the
above 3. And its solution is much easier than the above 3. It can be
solved in a matter of one year time. Whereas the above 3 have no
assured solution. Many people have spoken of this problem and Al Gore
probably the most eloquent. And it is a shame that Al Gore was not
elected in 2000 instead of the anti-science current occupant of the
White House.
Solution: I propose to inject Aluminum Sequin into the Upper
Atmosphere via the routes of high altitude commercial aircraft and of
the Space Shuttle and Space Station. In one year time, we can inject
enough Aluminum Sequin as to make Global Warming into Global Cooling.
Not likely.
Post by a***@hotmail.com
It is estimated that the volume of ash of Mt. Pinatuba in the
Philippines of volcanic eruption in June of 1991 is about 30 cubic
kilometers.
How many airplane flights during a year worldwide? What is the cargo
capacity for Aluminum Sequin per plane? Can the world's airplanes cargo
haul 30 cubic kilometers per year.
What is the amount of superior reflectivity of Aluminum Sequin rather
than ash and dust? So that we need not put 30 cubic kilometers but
perhaps only 1 cubic kilometer.
FLASH!! This is a silly idea based on the incorrect notion that it was
the ash and dust that cooled the Earth after Pinatubo. The ash and dust
rains out rather rapidly, within a few weeks and is a local problem.
No, fool, it was the sulfate aerosol lofted into the Stratosphere.

Your ideal to use relatively large "sequins" introduced into the
atmosphere would also be a short term solution, as they would rapidly
fall out of the sky. Placing them in LEO using the Shuttle (which will
be decomissioned around 2010) wouldn't do much either, as they would
fall out of orbit due to atmospheric drag, again a temporary solution.

Do try to learn some science, won't you? Please? Please?
--
Eric Swanson --- E-mail address: e_swanson(at)skybest.com :-)
James
2006-06-26 14:55:19 UTC
Post by Eric Swanson
Post by a***@hotmail.com
(snipped)
Post by a***@hotmail.com
[...]
Seems that would be a good thing. One would not want the stuff up there
forever anyway. If you had to remove it, you would have a bigger problem.
Just asking about the concept, not the mechanics.
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-26 17:40:40 UTC
Post by James
Seems that would be a good thing. One would not want the stuff up there
forever anyway. If you had to remove it, you would have a bigger problem.
Just asking about the concept, not the mechanics.
Yes that is a good thing and it focuses my attention that the material
placed in high altitude by airplanes should not be Aluminum Sequin but
merely PAPER Sequin since it will not stay up there for long.

But since airplanes are up there continuously a biodegradable material
is wanted since it will be there only for a short period of time.

Ironic, that it is carbon that is causing Global Warming and it will be
CARBON in the form of lightweight paper that will solve global warming.

We can use the more reflective and longer lasting Aluminum Sequin for
the space orbit around Earth released from the Space Station.

James, I was looking for information as to the numbers of airplane
flights per day. I was wondering if the volume of airplanes per day
exceeded the 30 cubic kilometers? And better yet the cargo capacity of
airplanes whether it exceeds 30 cubic kilometers per day? If so, then
just a mere day or two time will cool Earth for the entire week and
should be able to knock out any potential Hurricane if we chose to do
so. In other words, we could have killed Hurrican Katrina last year in
its tracks.

So what is the best reflective paperlike material and what shape?

How much daily airplane cargo capacity that can release the Sequin into
its highest apogee of flight?

We should not waste any time but do this as fast as possible. Because
if we can make the planet cool this summer and to knock-out any
possible Hurricanes, we should do so.

P.S. I am confident that the cargo capacity of airplanes in their
apogee of flight, could singularly solve Global Warming. In fact we
can start the program tomorrow by having one of those huge
transatlantic jets dump paper sequin in their apogee and monitor the
results.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-26 18:09:26 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
So what is the best reflective paperlike material and what shape?
I think Mother Nature already has put in a candidate for this. In the
form of plant seeds spread by the wind. Something like a cottonweed
seed mass or something like dandelion seed masses. Lightweight and
white and reflective. Perhaps cotton fibers.

Anyway, I leave it to material scientists to figure out the optimum.

So far my prediction of a cool summer based on the fact of so many
volcanic eruptions this year especially in Indonesia is coming true.
And because of the cooler summer, I reckon hurricanes will not be as
bad as last year of 2005.

Even though, we should emit into airflight apogee, as fast as possible
cargo hauled Paper Sequin and monitor how good of a Earth Air
Conditioner we have just created.

Because if a killer Hurricane begins to form this summer, we should be
able to destroy the Hurricane itself by placing Paper Sequin overhead
of its track.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
David Bostwick
2006-06-26 18:33:14 UTC
Why do you reply to yourself?

[...]
Post by a***@hotmail.com
So far my prediction of a cool summer based on the fact of so many
volcanic eruptions this year especially in Indonesia is coming true.
And because of the cooler summer, I reckon hurricanes will not be as
bad as last year of 2005.
Let's see, summer is about 6 days old. Yeah, your prediction is probably
valid.
Lloyd Parker
2006-06-26 14:39:18 UTC
Post by David Bostwick
Why do you reply to yourself?
[...]
Post by a***@hotmail.com
So far my prediction of a cool summer based on the fact of so many
volcanic eruptions this year especially in Indonesia is coming true.
And because of the cooler summer, I reckon hurricanes will not be as
bad as last year of 2005.
Let's see, summer is about 6 days old. Yeah, your prediction is probably
valid.
Record heat in WA and OR. Record heat and drought in GA. Your predictions
are as good as Bush's about Iraq.
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-27 09:28:20 UTC
***@hotmail.com wrote:
(snipped)
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Because if a killer Hurricane begins to form this summer, we should be
able to destroy the Hurricane itself by placing Paper Sequin overhead
of its track.
Far far too overoptimistic on my part. Vortex motion is extremely
difficult to stop once set in motion.

Question: how much power do hurricanes lose during the middle of the
night? And do hurricanes change course more often during the cooler
nighttime?

Odd question: has anyone observed a hurricane behaviour whilst
simultaneously an eclipse of the Sun occurred?

Question: what happens when a hurricane meets a cold-front, and does it
change course drastically?

Perhaps the best that Sequin can do for hurricanes is alter their
course. For instance, before Katrina slammed into land near New
Orleans, if the New Orleans sky had been Paper Sequined, Katrina may
have felt that as a cold spot and shifted direction bypassing the city.

Another possibility is that if we can detect a premature or unborn
Hurricane before vortex motion, perhaps we can destroy all of these so
that no hurricane can form.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
Scott L
2006-06-27 11:17:51 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Another possibility is that if we can detect a premature or unborn
Hurricane before vortex motion, perhaps we can destroy all of these so
that no hurricane can form.
Yes, let's just ignore the important role hurricanes
play in the General Circulation of the Earth and in
sustaining ocean currents <eyeroll>

Scott
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-27 17:38:06 UTC
Post by Scott L
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Another possibility is that if we can detect a premature or unborn
Hurricane before vortex motion, perhaps we can destroy all of these so
that no hurricane can form.
Yes, let's just ignore the important role hurricanes
play in the General Circulation of the Earth and in
sustaining ocean currents <eyeroll>
Scott
You could argue that tornadoes play some tiny minor important role in
distributing something. The majority role of both hurricanes and
tornadoes is destruction as to the excess of energy that the
environment finds itself.

Life adapts and life does not need hurricanes or tornadoes.
So if we have the chance to eliminate them, we should grab the
opportunity to eliminate.

Funny how we can more easily eliminate hurricanes than we can tornadoes
which are less energy. We can do this because it seems as though the
birth of hurricanes all follow a patterned order of originating in
Africa. Somewhere they start vortex motion. So if we can destroy
pre-hurricanes before they start vortex motion, then we would solve a
major destructive force.

If the birth site of all hurricanes is some narrow band Latitude
between Africa and North America then by orbiting Paper and Aluminium
Sequin to make that latitude ocean water so very much cooler, then we
have cut off the birthing of hurricanes.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
Scott L
2006-06-27 18:23:01 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Post by Scott L
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Another possibility is that if we can detect a premature or unborn
Hurricane before vortex motion, perhaps we can destroy all of these so
that no hurricane can form.
Yes, let's just ignore the important role hurricanes
play in the General Circulation of the Earth and in
sustaining ocean currents <eyeroll>
Scott
You could argue that tornadoes play some tiny minor important role in
distributing something. The majority role of both hurricanes and
tornadoes is destruction as to the excess of energy that the
environment finds itself.
I don't mean to argue with the ignorant, but the role
hurricanes play in distributing heat towards the poles
can in no way be termed 'minor'. Further, if recent
work is to believed, hurricanes help to guide ocean
currents -- and those currents move even *more* heat
towards the poles.

Scott
William Asher
2006-06-27 19:22:42 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
(snipped)
Post by a***@hotmail.com
[...]
Hurricanes are powered by warm water from the ocean, not from sunlight from
above. Aside from that fact, paper-sequinning a hurricane is a really bad
idea because covering a hurricane with sequins would give you a gay-looking
tropical cyclone, and everyone knows that you don't want to imply a
tropical cyclone (at least one from the Caribbean) is gay. Latinos have a
very macho culture and you piss off a Latin American cyclone that way and,
well, you saw what happened when they named the storm Katrina. It's the
same reason you don't put doilies on the ocean surface to try to reduce the
latent heat flux, thereby reducing intensification. You typical macho
hurricane, on even suspecting the presence of something as feminine as a
doily, will go beserk, intensify to maybe Category 11, and head straight
for Key West for some payback.

Now typhoons are all gay anyway so you could sequin them to your heart's
content and they will just sit and rotate happily in their sequinned
gayness. Of course, you might as well sit in the eye and fart for all the
good it would do in terms of intensification, but at least the storm itself
won't get angry that you covered it in sequins.

People have tried suppressing the organization of convection that leads to
tropical cyclones but it turns out to be illegal to suppress organization
under U.S. labor laws. The best you can do is try to increase the shear,
but initial attempts were under the misguided impression it was sheer that
affected hurricanes, so they went after the problem using satin, which was
worse than the sequins. It has taken hurricane research a couple of
generations to recover from the loss of life caused by those early sheer
satin experiments. Do a google search for "hurricane gay satin video" and
you'll find some links that I'm wagering will be as irrelevant to what I am
talking about as they are rudely amusing.
Bill Asher
Michael Moroney
2006-06-27 19:56:37 UTC
Post by William Asher
Hurricanes are powered by warm water from the ocean, not from sunlight from
above.
Not only that, but they're powered by the heat differential between the
warm ocean and cool upper atmosphere. The sequins, if such an absurd idea
could be made to work, might cool the upper atmosphere enough further to
increase the temperature difference, and make the hurricane _more
powerful_.
Richard Herring
2006-06-28 11:20:30 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
The summer of 1992 was the coolest I have experienced. Maybe it was
different in the southern hemisphere.
Yes. It was winter.
Richard Herring
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-29 19:10:01 UTC
Post by Richard Herring
Post by a***@hotmail.com
The summer of 1992 was the coolest I have experienced. Maybe it was
different in the southern hemisphere.
Yes. It was winter.
--
Richard Herring
So was it the coldest winter they experienced for a long time.

For a difficult social problem and engineering problem-- Global
Warming, we often do not have an easy answer. But in the case of Global
Warming we have a very easy answer. We use Pinatuba Volcano eruptions
1991-1992.

Pinatuba tells us how much Paper Sequin for airplane releases and tells
us how much Aluminium Sequin for the Space Station orbit release.

Pinatuba tells us how easy it is to solve Global Warming.

But the issue of human overpopulation must be addressed because Sequin
cannot solve Global Warming with a planet of 8 billion then 9 billion
then 10 billion etc etc. At some point we block so much sunlight that
it interfers with plant metabolism on Earth.

Global Warming was never a issue prior to 1899 because human
overpopulation was not pressing. So the root cause of Global Warming is
human overpopulation and it does us no good to solve global warming and
yet increase human population.

So we have Pinatuba. It tells us that Sequin works and it tells us how
much it works and to what effect. It tells us how much to use and it
tells us that our airplanes in apogee release of sequin can solve
global warming.

So, overall, Global Warming is an easy problem and only slightly more
difficult to solve than the ozone CFC problem some decades back. But we
must solve Human Overpopulation.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
David Bostwick
2006-06-29 19:43:35 UTC
In article <***@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, ***@hotmail.com wrote:

[...]
Most of us can give you a starting point, Ludwig.
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-30 06:03:32 UTC
I found the perfect model for how much reflective material we need in
the upper atmosphere delivered by commercial and military aircraft, and
even the Space Station. It is Pinatuba volcano circa 1991 when it made
the coolest summer of 1992.

But what is the model for the reflective sequin. Here I look to nature
also. I see wafts of the silky hair seeds of Cottonwood trees from my
backyard as they cruise on the slighest of air currents. They are tufts
of silky filaments and the reason the tree is named cottonwood.
Cottonwood is in the Populus genus. So I wonder, is this the finest
reflective material with the lightest of weight? I did mention
dandelion seeds but they are more weight. So is the Cottonwood seed the
best model for what the Sequin is to be. And can we duplicate in some
industrial manufacturing process that makes something similar to this
cottonwood seed. I suppose sci. materials would have someone who could
answer this. And I suppose sci.bio.botany would have someone who could
answer what is Nature's best lightweight reflective material.

Ironic, for the cottonwood species never intended to make seeds that
would one day solve global warming. And I never liked cottonwood trees
up until this moment in time. I suppose if one lives long enough, one
can find something to like about nearly everything.

So the solving of Global Warming is turning out to be a very fine
exercise of finding the proper models. The two models of Pinatuba
volcano in telling us that 30 cubic kilometers of pollutants is what is
needed to provide a cool summer and to lower global warming. Then the
model of Cottonwood seed as the material to emit by commercial
airplanes in their apogee of flight.

So we can measure how many Cottonwood seeds in 30 cubic meters. How
many airplane flights to deliver 30 cubic meters. How much sunlight a
seed can reflect. How a seed moves around up there. Pretty much all
straightforward.

So can we mass produce something that is equivalent to a cottonwood
seed?

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-30 18:04:47 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
[...]
Mistake in typing there. That should read 30 cubic kilometers. Pinatuba
spewed 30 cubic kilometers into the upper atmosphere to cause 1992 to
be the coolest summer ever recorded in recent times.

So I need to match 30 cubic kilometers of cottonwood seed carried by
airplanes into the apogee of their flight.

Now I suppose cottonwood seed when bunched together may not untangle
when released from the cargo hull of airplanes at their apogee. So
maybe this needs some modification. Can we get the lightweight and
reflective qualities, but in addition the quality that these sequin
will easily separate from one another as they are emitted or released
from the airplane cargo hull? Do cotton fibers roll off one another or
do they bunch together? I need a Sequin that separates easily and
floats around for a long time and is very lightweight and highly
reflective.

Can we process wood into such a sequin and mass produce it.

We probably still have plenty of time to eliminate or ameliorate every
hurricane in this 2006 season by darkening the skies overhead of a
birthing hurricane and change the path of the hurricane so that it does
no major harm.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
David E. White
2006-06-30 19:16:30 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
Post by a***@hotmail.com
[...]
Oh, maybe you could compress the cottonwood seed for shipment on the
airplane, but then process it through some sort of fan (like blown
insulation) so that it separates as it is distributed into the
atmosphere. Yes, that would solve the problem. And then we would solve
the CO2 problem too by planting cottonwood trees all over the world!
John Savage
2006-07-03 05:40:01 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
But what is the model for the reflective sequin. Here I look to nature
also. I see wafts of the silky hair seeds of Cottonwood trees from my
backyard as they cruise on the slighest of air currents. They are tufts
of silky filaments and the reason the tree is named cottonwood.
Cottonwood is in the Populus genus. So I wonder, is this the finest
reflective material with the lightest of weight? I did mention
dandelion seeds but they are more weight.
I don't know the cottonwood, it's not native where I live. But I do see
the scotch thistle producing a lot of very lightweight fluffy fibre to
catch the wind and disperse its seeds. Before it is ready for release
it's packed very densely in capsules. Spider's web would be a light-
weight fibre. But I expect you'll be needing something that is resistant
to degradation under high ozone, extremely high UV conditions.
Prosecute EXXON Stockholders for Global Warming FLOOD Damages
2006-06-30 20:11:14 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
I found the perfect model for how much reflective material we need in
the upper atmosphere delivered by commercial and military aircraft, and
even the Space Station. It is Pinatuba volcano circa 1991 when it made
the coolest summer of 1992.
How about we PROSECUTE EXXON STOCKHOLDERS? It's cheaper and faster and
has less unforeseen environmental effects. Watch how fast the blue
solar panels and Hydrogen filling stations sprout up!
Gordon
2006-06-30 22:33:19 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
[...]
[snip]
So, plant some cottonwood trees up on cloud 9 and let them take
care of the problem.
Prosecute EXXON Stockholders for Global Warming FLOOD Damages
care of the problem.
Jimmie D
2006-07-03 05:23:09 UTC
Global warming is not a problem that needs fixing it will correct itsself..
As you stated it is caused by overpopulation when the earth warms up enough
the population will decrease, then global warming wont be a problem.
Post by a***@hotmail.com
(snipped)
Gordon
2006-07-03 13:24:47 UTC
On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 01:23:09 -0400, "Jimmie D"
Post by Jimmie D
Global warming is not a problem that needs fixing it will correct itsself..
As you stated it is caused by overpopulation when the earth warms up enough
the population will decrease, then global warming wont be a problem.
[snip]
How long has it been since the last major volcanic eruptions? Are
volcanic eruptions and the resultant sulfates spewed into the
atmosphere perhaps the primary cause of short term warm/cool
cycles?
Prosecute Koch Brothers for Global Warming FLOOD Damages
2006-07-04 01:06:11 UTC
Post by Gordon
How long has it been since the last major volcanic eruptions? Are
volcanic eruptions and the resultant sulfates spewed into the
atmosphere perhaps the primary cause of short term warm/cool
cycles?
If you really want to know, why not read a science book instead of
posting in usenet groups totally infested by rightwinger disinformation
posters who wqill tell you any lie that furthers their subversion of
America?

Here's some of the places that pay minimum wage to cheap whore interns
to lie away Exxon's CO2 Global Warming...

Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty has received
$160,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Africa Fighting Malaria has received $30,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
American Council for Capital Formation Center for Policy Research
has received $1,309,523 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
American Council on Science and Health has received $110,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research has
received $1,625,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
American Enterprise Institute-Brookings Joint Center for Regulatory
Studies has received $105,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
American Friends of the Institute for Economic Affairs has received
$50,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
American Legislative Exchange Council has received $1,189,700 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
American Spectator Foundation has received $15,000 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
Arizona State University Office of Cimatology has received $49,500
from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Aspen Institute has received $61,500 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Atlantic Legal Foundation has received $20,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Atlas Economic Research Foundation has received $680,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Capital Research Center and Greenwatch has received $190,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Cato Institute has received $90,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Center for American and International Law has received $177,450 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Center for Strategic and International Studies has received
$1,112,500 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Center for the Defense of Free Enterprise has received $230,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Center for the New West has received $5,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change has
received $90,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Centre for the New Europe has received $170,000 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
Chemical Education Foundation has received $80,000 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
Citizens for A Sound Economy and CSE Educational Foundation has
received $380,250 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow has received $472,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Communications Institute has received $125,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Competitive Enterprise Institute has received $2,005,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Congress of Racial Equality has received $250,000 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
Consumer Alert has received $70,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies has received
$75,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Foundation for Research on Economics and the Environment has
received $210,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Fraser Institute has received $120,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Free Enterprise Action Institute has received $50,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Free Enterprise Education Institute has received $80,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Frontiers of Freedom Institute and Foundation has received $857,000
from ExxonMobil since 1998.
George C. Marshall Institute has received $630,000 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
George Mason University, Law and Economics Center has received
$185,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Harvard Center for Risk Analysis has received $30,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Heartland Institute has received $561,500 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Heritage Foundation has received $555,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace, Stanford University
has received $295,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Hudson Institute has received $25,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Independent Institute has received $70,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Institute for Energy Research has received $147,000 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
Institute for Regulatory Science, 9200 Rumsey Road, Suite 205
Columbia, MD 21045 USA
Institute for Senior Studies has received $30,000 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
Institute for the Study of Earth and Man has received $76,500 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
International affiliate of the American Council for Capital
Formation.
International Policy Network - North America has received $295,000
from ExxonMobil since 1998.
International Republican Institute has received $105,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
James Madison Institute has received $5,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Landmark Legal Foundation has received $30,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Lexington Institute has received $10,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Lindenwood University has received $10,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Mackinac Center has received $30,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Manhattan Institute for Policy Research has received $175,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Media Institute has received $60,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Media Research Center has received $150,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Mercatus Center, George Mason University has received $80,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Mountain States Legal Foundation has received $2,500 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
National Association of Neighborhoods has received $75,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
National Black Chamber of Commerce has received $150,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
National Center for Policy Analysis has received $390,900 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
National Center for Public Policy Research has received $280,000
from ExxonMobil since 1998.
National Environmental Policy Institute has received $75,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
National Legal Center for the Public Interest has received $215,500
from ExxonMobil since 1998.
National Wilderness Institute has received $10,000 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
New England Legal Foundation has received $7,500 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
Pacific Legal Foundation has received $110,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy has received $370,000
from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Property and Environment Research Center, Political Economy Research
Center has received $115,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Reason Foundation has received $381,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Science and Environmental Policy Project has received $20,000 from
ExxonMobil since 1998.
Stanford University GCEP has received $100,000 from ExxonMobil since
1998.
Tech Central Science Foundation or Tech Central Station has received
$95,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Texas Public Policy Foundation has received $15,000 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
The Advancement of Sound Science Center, Inc. has received $40,000
from ExxonMobil since 1998.
The Annapolis Center for Science-Based Public Policy has received
$688,575 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
The Justice Foundation (formerly Texas Justice Foundation) has
received $10,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.
Washington Legal Foundation has received $185,000 from ExxonMobil
since 1998.
Weidenbaum Center on the Economy, Government, and Public Policy has
received $120,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.

Frederick Williams
2006-06-26 11:37:12 UTC
rogue countries ...
What's a rogue country, one that doesn't kow-tow to the USA? Why is the
USA's attitude to Pakistan's nuclear weapons so different to its
attitude to North Korea's (and indeed Iran's which doesn't even have
any)?
... Countries must craft laws to limit their populations. ...
Such a program needs to be legislated
across the world.
Tell that to the Pope.
.... So half of the population
of humanity-- 4 billion people could die in a bad case scenario of
birdflu.
That'll help to reduce the population that you're complaining about.
(#4) Global Warming.
Use nuclear power, as Iran wants to.
Remove "antispam" and ".invalid" for e-mail address.
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-26 17:23:38 UTC
Post by Frederick Williams
rogue countries ...
What's a rogue country, one that doesn't kow-tow to the USA? Why is the
USA's attitude to Pakistan's nuclear weapons so different to its
attitude to North Korea's (and indeed Iran's which doesn't even have
any)?
A rogue country is easy to define when a M.A.D. Fleet is present for it
counters the tenets and principles of the Fleet. The tenets are (1) do
not build nuclear weapons (2) do not clamour to war when you have a
nuclear weapons stockpile (3) do not sell nuclear weapons (4) obey the
UN atomic energy commission rules and regulations concerning inspectors
etc etc.

The mission of the Fleet is simple-- (1) guarantee no nuclear weapon
discharged on Earth (2) dismantle existing stockpiles (3) the Incentive
and Motivation to not build nuclear weapons by countries who do not
have them (4) the ultimate and last guarantee that nuclear weapons are
not used harmfully.
Post by Frederick Williams
... Countries must craft laws to limit their populations. ...
Such a program needs to be legislated
across the world.
Tell that to the Pope.
This is a case where Religions will have to pay taxes and fines if they
go against commonsense and Science of the day. Just as there are laws
against preaching of hatred and inciting to terrorism. Unless the
Catholic Church changes its tune, the Pope could be put into jail for
preaching anti-science and that which is against the Whole of Humanity.
Likewise, if a religious church is preaching today that Global Warming
is not real or that endangered species are not in danger and asking its
members to increase global warming or increase extinctions should be
fined and jailed. Religions that are going against science such as the
Catholic Church with human population, are going against God itself.
For God is Science and Science is God.
Post by Frederick Williams
.... So half of the population
of humanity-- 4 billion people could die in a bad case scenario of
birdflu.
That'll help to reduce the population that you're complaining about.
The reason we had world-wars and major wars about 1 in every 30 years
somewhere on the Globe is because humanity was too foolish not to
control population. When you have no control over population then wars
and disease and famine and crime and terrorism controls human
population. Humanity was not smart enough in the past to control its
own population and thus some other force, usually bad, controlled it
for him/her.
Post by Frederick Williams
(#4) Global Warming.
Use nuclear power, as Iran wants to.
The M.A.D. Fleet has no objections to Iran building nuclear power, so
long as UN inspectors are there watching. The M.A.D. Fleet can
accomodate nuclear power generation. The M.A.D. Fleet is flexible
enough.

In fact so flexible, that the entire history from 1991 to 2006 would
have been so much better if a M.A.D. Fleet had existed. It would have
parked off of Iraq in the 1990's and SH would have fired arms on the
Fleet's surveillance aircraft prompting a regime change in the mid
1990s of SH. Then in 2000 when Pakistan and India were colliding over
Kashmir the M.A.D. Fleet would have parked off the coast and defused
that problem and today, both Pakistan and India would now be
dismantling their nuclear missiles or contributing them to the M.A.D.
Fleet itself. So instead of stockpiling and building more nuclear
weapons in Pakistan and India, they would be getting rid of their
nuclear and opting the energy for making more electricity for their
people.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
Frederick Williams
2006-06-27 10:15:54 UTC
... M.A.D. Fleet .... The tenets are (1) do
not build nuclear weapons
Does that apply to the greatest threat to world peace, the USA?
Remove "antispam" and ".invalid" for e-mail address.
a***@hotmail.com
2006-06-27 17:52:45 UTC
Post by Frederick Williams
... M.A.D. Fleet .... The tenets are (1) do
not build nuclear weapons
Does that apply to the greatest threat to world peace, the USA?
You are a nitwit dogmatist and pessimist.
In your limited view of the world, no-one is a good guy. No-one is good
and no-one has good intentions. Everything is bad and dark in your
world.

The tenets of the M.A.D. Fleet apply to everyone and although the USA
would be a major contributor to the Fleet itself, especially the
nuclear powered and armed submarines and personnel, there will be many
other contributors such as most every country in Europe especially
England, France, Germany. Russia will be a part of the M.A.D. Fleet. I
suspect China and India and Japan will contribute.

The M.A.D, Fleet has this enormous force behind it for which our
present day talkity talk diplomacy on North Korea and Iran have no
force behind it.

With a M.A.D. Fleet, Iran and North Korea would be solved in a matter
of a week, even a day time. With talkity talk, neither is solved and it
ends up with both armed with nuclear weapons.