El Nino was first noted in the 1600s, long before global warming
Byker
2023-07-02 22:26:17 UTC
How long has El Niño existed?
Since the end of the last Ice Age. The Aztecs, Mayans, and Incas knew all
about it long before the conquistadors arrived.

BTW, what were the carbon levels in 1876-78?: https://tinyurl.com/mtb32mtd
Charlie Glock
2023-07-02 22:29:45 UTC
Post by Byker
How long has El Niño existed?
Since the end of the last Ice Age. The Aztecs, Mayans, and Incas knew all
about it long before the conquistadors arrived.
BTW, what were the carbon levels in 1876-78?: https://tinyurl.com/mtb32mtd
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
Climate change has been here since before man even walked the earth.
It has far less to do with man and far more to do with the cycles of nature.
--
Charlie Glock
"To conquer a nation, first disarm it's citizens"
-- Adolf Hitler
Siri Cruise
2023-07-02 23:20:30 UTC
Post by Charlie Glock
Climate change has been here since before man even walked the earth.
Long before farming?
Post by Charlie Glock
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
Yeah, people starved, but so what.
--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed
Sn!pe
2023-07-02 23:43:28 UTC
Post by Charlie Glock
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
Yeah, people starved, but so what.
The absurd thing is: given that much of climate change is a result of
the natural cycle of ice ages and interglacials, some people think that
by reducing anthropogenic CO2 production we can actually do anything
about reversing that change. We may as well be farting in a hurricane
for all the good it might do. Come back King Canute; all is forgiven!

IMO "Net Zero CO2" is futile; not much more than a cynical money-making
scheme for the benefit of our masters, and aren't they just coining it.
--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe –

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Siri Cruise
2023-07-03 01:25:55 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Charlie Glock
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
Yeah, people starved, but so what.
The absurd thing is: given that much of climate change is a result of
Why gamble with famine? Reducing carbon dioxide has other
benefits, so why risk agriculture when we don't need to.
Post by Sn!pe
the natural cycle of ice ages and interglacials, some people think that
by reducing anthropogenic CO2 production we can actually do anything
Reducing carbon dioxide production will mean getting the US out of
endless middle east wars. I wouldn't mind telling KSA, Israel,
Iran, and the rest to bugger off, we don't want your oil, so
continue killing each other without us.

And going green reduces the amount of poison we dump in the air,
water, and soil.
Post by Sn!pe
about reversing that change. We may as well be farting in a hurricane
for all the good it might do. Come back King Canute; all is forgiven!
IMO "Net Zero CO2" is futile; not much more than a cynical money-making
scheme for the benefit of our masters, and aren't they just coining it.
Going green is pushed in California to reduce the air pollution.
Even before the Spanish settled, California had smog problems from
Indian domestic fires. Reducing carbon dioxide reduces nitrogen
oxide and other pollutants that poison our children.

I really don't know or care about global warming. I want to stop
pretending it's a chore to send our young off to war. A big f**k
you to south asia, and stop killing our own people here.

(California is made up of basins surrounded by hills and
mountains. Thanks to the cold water current of the Pacific, we get
frequent inversions over basins. Any smoke and air pollution gets
trapped in the air of basins, unable to rise through the inversion
and get blown away over the hills.)
Governor Swill
2023-07-03 14:15:15 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
(California is made up of basins surrounded by hills and
mountains. Thanks to the cold water current of the Pacific, we get
frequent inversions over basins. Any smoke and air pollution gets
trapped in the air of basins, unable to rise through the inversion
and get blown away over the hills.)
This is why geography really is relevant. It also explains why the kids who ignored
geography in school grew up to become Republicans.

Swill
--
Welcome to reality. Enjoy your visit!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine! Putin is a condom!
max headroom
And the ones who ignored Civics grew up to be Democrats.
Sn!pe
2023-07-03 18:22:53 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Sn!pe
[...]
That's a lot of conflation going on there. By all means have those
worthy aims but it obscures the debate to lump it all in together.
--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – http://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Governor Swill
2023-07-04 00:17:48 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Sn!pe
[...]
She was explaining that California's green push has less to do with Climate Change and
more to do with local pollution. It's been that way since the 1960s.

Swill

Sn!pe
2023-07-04 00:46:02 UTC
Governor Swill <***@gmail.com> wrote:

[Sn!pe]
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Sn!pe
That's a lot of conflation going on there. By all means have those
worthy aims but it obscures the debate to lump it all in together.
She was explaining that California's green push has less to do with
Climate Change and more to do with local pollution. It's been that
way since the 1960s.
Of course, but that is hijacking the thread and taking it into other
topics. The subject is El Niño and its effect (or otherwise) on
"Global Warming". I can't imagine that Siri really intended to
perpetrate a "But What About".
--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – http://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Siri Cruise
2023-07-04 09:12:14 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
[Sn!pe]
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Sn!pe
That's a lot of conflation going on there. By all means have those
worthy aims but it obscures the debate to lump it all in together.
She was explaining that California's green push has less to do with
Climate Change and more to do with local pollution. It's been that
way since the 1960s.
Of course, but that is hijacking the thread and taking it into other
topics. The subject is El Niño and its effect (or otherwise) on
"Global Warming". I can't imagine that Siri really intended to
perpetrate a "But What About".
California is also the principal victim of El Nino. Because we
have basins surrounded hills which often have clay layers, we get
lots of slides and floods.
Sn!pe
2023-07-04 10:10:43 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Sn!pe
[Sn!pe]
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Sn!pe
That's a lot of conflation going on there. By all means have those
worthy aims but it obscures the debate to lump it all in together.
She was explaining that California's green push has less to do with
Climate Change and more to do with local pollution. It's been that
way since the 1960s.
Of course, but that is hijacking the thread and taking it into other
topics. The subject is El Niño and its effect (or otherwise) on
"Global Warming". I can't imagine that Siri really intended to
perpetrate a "But What About".
California is also the principal victim of El Nino. Because we
have basins surrounded hills which often have clay layers, we get
lots of slides and floods.
That's a very US and California-centric view.

NOAA says: "El Niño and La Niña are climate patterns
in the Pacific Ocean that can affect weather worldwide."

<https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/ninonina.html>

While the NOAA page concentrates on the US, the whole world
suffers extreme weather during El Niño -- severe droughts, huge
storms, excessive rainfall, etc.

<https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-64192508>

See the temperature and precipitation impact maps halfway down
that page.
--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – http://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E

My pet rock Gordon just is.
max headroom
2023-07-04 13:37:18 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Sn!pe
[Sn!pe]
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Sn!pe
That's a lot of conflation going on there. By all means have those
worthy aims but it obscures the debate to lump it all in together.
She was explaining that California's green push has less to do with
Climate Change and more to do with local pollution. It's been that
way since the 1960s.
Of course, but that is hijacking the thread and taking it into other
topics. The subject is El Niño and its effect (or otherwise) on
"Global Warming". I can't imagine that Siri really intended to
perpetrate a "But What About".
California is also the principal victim of El Nino. Because we
have basins surrounded hills which often have clay layers, we get
lots of slides and floods.
That's a very US and California-centric view.
"Siri" may be the most provincial poster you'll encounter on UseNet. Her world
is the Bay Area.
Siri Cruise
2023-07-04 14:48:14 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
That's a very US and California-centric view.
NOAA says: "El Niño and La Niña are climate patterns
in the Pacific Ocean that can affect weather worldwide."
It also fills up fishing nets in South America along the Pacific
coast.
Siri Cruise
2023-07-04 09:07:44 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Sn!pe
[...]
Nationwide reducing gasoline means the USA becomes insulated from
interminable south asia violence.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna11110276

Bush: U.S. must cut dependence on Mideast oil
In his fifth State of the Union address, President Bush, pushing
to take charge of an election-year agenda, said America must break
its dependence on Mideast oil and defended his strategy for the
unpopular war in Iraq.

A politically weakened President Bush declared Tuesday night that
America must break its long dependence on Middle East oil and
rebuked critics of his stay-the-course strategy for the unpopular
war in Iraq.

“America is addicted to oil, which is often imported from unstable
parts of the world,” Bush said as he sought to drive the
election-year agenda in his annual State of the Union address.

Rejecting calls for the withdrawal of troops from Iraq, Bush said,
“There is no peace in retreat.” He also slapped at those who
complain he took the country to war on the erroneous grounds that
Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction.
mixed nuts
2023-07-03 01:27:10 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Charlie Glock
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
Yeah, people starved, but so what.
The absurd thing is: given that much of climate change is a result of
the natural cycle of ice ages and interglacials, some people think that
by reducing anthropogenic CO2 production we can actually do anything
about reversing that change. We may as well be farting in a hurricane
for all the good it might do. Come back King Canute; all is forgiven!
IMO "Net Zero CO2" is futile; not much more than a cynical money-making
scheme for the benefit of our masters, and aren't they just coining it.
Sir, you seem to have a deep natural understanding of natural cycle. Are
you a genius professor at a major research university in the Department
of Natural Understanding of Natural Cycle? Are you, perhaps, the
Chairperson of the Subdepartment of Super-Geniousing and Other Matters
of Concern?
Grizzly H.
Janithor
2023-07-03 01:31:44 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by mixed nuts
Post by Charlie Glock
[...]
He's a Trump-voting Pentecostal speaking-in-tongues MAGA Nazi.
Scientifically deduced, of course. The poor schmuck, he doesn't
understand scientific socialism. It's all very scientific. Abolish!
Siri Cruise
2023-07-03 07:22:05 UTC
Post by Janithor
x-no-archive: yes
Post by mixed nuts
Post by Charlie Glock
[...]
Our most fervent idjt voters all live in England.
Sn!pe
2023-07-03 09:29:25 UTC
Siri Cruise <***@www.yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Janithor
Post by mixed nuts
Post by Sn!pe
IMO "Net Zero CO2" is futile; not much more than a cynical
money-making scheme for the benefit of our masters, and
aren't they just coining it.
Sir, you seem to have a deep natural understanding of natural
cycle. Are you a genius professor at a major research university
in the Department of Natural Understanding of Natural Cycle?
Are you, perhaps, the Chairperson of the Subdepartment of
Super-Geniousing and Other Matters of Concern?
He's a Trump-voting Pentecostal speaking-in-tongues MAGA Nazi.
Scientifically deduced, of course. The poor schmuck, he doesn't
understand scientific socialism. It's all very scientific. Abolish!
Our most fervent idjt voters all live in England.
[preen]
--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – http://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Checkmate
2023-07-03 02:36:41 UTC
Checkmate.

On Mon, 3 Jul 2023 00:43:28 +0100, Sn!pe had the audacity to say the
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Charlie Glock
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
Yeah, people starved, but so what.
The absurd thing is: given that much of climate change is a result of
the natural cycle of ice ages and interglacials, some people think that
by reducing anthropogenic CO2 production we can actually do anything
about reversing that change. We may as well be farting in a hurricane
for all the good it might do. Come back King Canute; all is forgiven!
IMO "Net Zero CO2" is futile; not much more than a cynical money-making
scheme for the benefit of our masters, and aren't they just coining it.
Yep, the whole thing is one big scam. We're doing far more harm to the
world's economy than even the most delusional idiot could hope we're going
to accomplish trying to "fix" the climate at the expense of everything else.
The climate is doing whatever it damned well pleases, regardless. A broken
economy disrupts everything concerning life... who goes hungry, who has
shelter, how much crime increases, who goes to war... everything that
concerns life on this planet. Life survives because we learn to adapt, and
adaptation has never been easier than it is today. The Globalists have
worked very hard to churn out an increasing number of ignorant zombies too
fucking stupid and "woke" to see this for what it really is.
--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2023

"its usually the lesser intelligent person , that comments
on the more intelligent person's , lack of intelligents
and we all think what we do has major significants"

-David Keeting, in perhaps the most ironic statement
ever made on Usenet.

Footloose!

Kensi, "doing a little victory dance"

kensi." -Nadegda

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017
Governor Swill
2023-07-03 04:12:08 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Charlie Glock
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
Yeah, people starved, but so what.
The absurd thing is: given that much of climate change is a result of
the natural cycle of ice ages and interglacials, some people think that
by reducing anthropogenic CO2 production we can actually do anything
about reversing that change. We may as well be farting in a hurricane
for all the good it might do. Come back King Canute; all is forgiven!
IMO "Net Zero CO2" is futile; not much more than a cynical money-making
scheme for the benefit of our masters, and aren't they just coining it.
Where did you get your degree in climate science?

Swill

NoBody
Where did yours come from?
Charlie Glock
2023-07-02 23:56:12 UTC
Post by Charlie Glock
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
Yeah, people starved, but so what.
U are beyond help.
So vote crazy Joe Biden.
Good luck with that.
-- Adolf Hitler
🌈💐🌻🌺🌹🌻💐🌷🌺🌈Jen🌈💐🌻🌺🌹🌻💐🌷🌺🌈 Dershmender 💐🌻🌺🌹🌻💐🌷🌺🐶笛🌈💐🌻🌺🌹🌻💐🌷🌺🌈
2023-07-03 00:03:35 UTC
On Sun, 02 Jul 2023 23:56:12 GMT, LO AND BEHOLD; Charlie Glock <"Charlie
Glock"@localhost.com> determined that the following was of great
importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
<w8ooM.11197$***@fx17.iad>:

=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= On 2023-07-02, Siri Cruise <***@www.yahoo.com> wrote:
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= Charlie Glock wrote:
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= Climate change has been here since before man even walked the earth.
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= Long before farming?
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= =?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= Yeah, people starved, but so what.
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?=
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?= U are beyond help. So vote crazy Joe Biden. Good luck with that.
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?=
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?=
=?UTF-8?B?8J+Ps++4j+KAjfCfjIg=?=

Wait, I thought Trump was the "real president", aka "rPOTUS"?

Are you little MAGA Jan 6th poop-smearin' shitweasels not in agreement, these days?
--
Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Siri Cruise
2023-07-03 01:26:32 UTC
Post by Charlie Glock
Post by Charlie Glock
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
Yeah, people starved, but so what.
U are beyond help.
So vote crazy Joe Biden.
Good luck with that.
I don't vote for conservatives.
xdmod2
2023-07-04 05:08:06 UTC
Post by Siri Cruise
Post by Charlie Glock
Post by Charlie Glock
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
Yeah, people starved, but so what.
U are beyond help.
So vote crazy Joe Biden.
Good luck with that.
I don't vote for conservatives.
Dude, you will vote for the person you think will cause the highest body
count.
Governor Swill
2023-07-03 04:11:04 UTC
Post by Charlie Glock
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
Climate change has been here since before man even walked the earth.
It has far less to do with man and far more to do with the cycles of nature.
Pretty much to be expected from a guy whose sig file is a lie.

Governor Swill
2023-07-04 06:03:49 UTC
Post by Charlie Glock
Ask a Climate nut about the "Little Ice Age" and they start stammering.
No, they don't. Volcanic activity is to blame for quite a bit of short term climate
change. Look up, "the year without a summer" sometime. There have been MANY major
eruptions in recorded history that were followed by global climate disruption.

Swill

Governor Swill
2023-07-03 04:09:10 UTC
Post by Byker
How long has El Niño existed?
Since the end of the last Ice Age. The Aztecs, Mayans, and Incas knew all
about it long before the conquistadors arrived.
BTW, what were the carbon levels in 1876-78?: https://tinyurl.com/mtb32mtd
So? What does El Nino, La Nina have to do with global warming?

Swill

Byker
You'll have to ask the lamers, flamers, and forgers about that one...
Governor Swill
2023-07-04 00:19:12 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Byker
How long has El Niño existed?
Since the end of the last Ice Age. The Aztecs, Mayans, and Incas knew all
about it long before the conquistadors arrived.
BTW, what were the carbon levels in 1876-78?: https://tinyurl.com/mtb32mtd
So? What does El Nino, La Nina have to do with global warming?
You'll have to ask the lamers, flamers, and forgers about that one...
And since they haven't answered . . .

Swill

xdmod2
2023-07-04 05:09:17 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Byker
https://tinyurl.com/mtb32mtd
So? What does El Nino, La Nina have to do with global warming?
You'll have to ask the lamers, flamers, and forgers about that one...
And since they haven't answered . . .
You know a lot about that.
Post by Governor Swill
Swill
NoBody
2023-07-04 15:57:00 UTC
On Mon, 03 Jul 2023 00:09:10 -0400, Governor Swill
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Byker
How long has El Niño existed?
Since the end of the last Ice Age. The Aztecs, Mayans, and Incas knew all
about it long before the conquistadors arrived.
BTW, what were the carbon levels in 1876-78?: https://tinyurl.com/mtb32mtd
So? What does El Nino, La Nina have to do with global warming?
This is just more of the scam pushed on the public. The new mantra is
that "man-made global warming" is combining with El Nino to make
global warming much worse.
Post by Governor Swill
Swill