Exxon to begin producing lithium to poison America and feed surging Chinese battery demand
Blame Democrats
2023-11-13 20:56:20 UTC
In article <uirt5t$a3i9$***@dont-email.me>
rudy <***@protonmail.com> wrote:

ExxonMobil plans to begin producing lithium in 2027 in a major
strategic pivot, as the biggest western oil producer bets it can use
its expertise in drilling and processing to become a leading player
in the battery metal.

The company said on Monday it had begun work to extract lithium from
underground brines in the southern US state of Arkansas, where it
has acquired the rights to 120,000 acres of land in the Smackover
formation.

“We think we’re going to build a profitable and high-growth business
for the long term here.

So it’s a big deal,” said Dan Amman, head of Exxon’s low-carbon
solutions business, adding that the project built on the company’s
“existing knowhow”.

“We’re drilling wells 10,000 feet underground into these saltwater
reservoirs.

That’s obviously directly in our wheelhouse and capability
skillset,” Amman said in an interview with the Financial Times.

The move comes as the energy transition drives a surge in demand for
the battery metal. The International Energy Agency has predicted
consumption could increase by a factor of more than 40 between 2020
and 2040, on the back of rapid growth in the use of lithium-ion
batteries needed for electric vehicles and energy storage.

Exxon — which has faced criticism that its low-carbon spend is
dwarfed by its outlay on future oil and gas production — did not say
exactly how much it would invest in the new business, which will be
branded Mobil Lithium. Amman said the investment would “ramp up into
the billions over time”.

Last month the company announced a $60bn deal to buy Pioneer Natural
Resources, the biggest oil producer in Texas, in a move analysts
described as a doubling down on fossil fuels.

Next will come the poisoning of Arkansas, stay tuned!

https://www.ft.com/content/03094aeb-ac3e-4634-bf6f-22579f74faa0
Elon Musk
2023-11-13 21:56:22 UTC
Post by Blame Democrats
ExxonMobil plans to begin producing lithium in 2027 in a major
strategic pivot, as the biggest western oil producer bets it can use
its expertise in drilling and processing to become a leading player
in the battery metal.
According to the Republican party, Americans will never learn how to make
electric vehicles because they're not smart like the Chinese so it's a waste
of time mining lithium when all we need is firewood, whale oil and coal.
R Kym Horsell
2023-11-13 22:12:14 UTC
Post by Elon Musk
Post by Blame Democrats
ExxonMobil plans to begin producing lithium in 2027 in a major
strategic pivot, as the biggest western oil producer bets it can use
its expertise in drilling and processing to become a leading player
in the battery metal.
According to the Republican party, Americans will never learn how to make
electric vehicles because they're not smart like the Chinese so it's a waste
of time mining lithium when all we need is firewood, whale oil and coal.
Yo "fogots" bugy wips on yo lis of fantisea teknolgees!
My klints Bugy Wips O Americe hab direktid me two commens ligil proseeds
immiditlee!!
--
[On objectivity:]
[3 studies say ~97% of scientists agree on AGW].
They all come up with flawed methodologies. So we don't pay any attention to
that. We know that there are a whole host of scientists out there who have a
different point of view, who are highly respected, reputable scientists. So
the 97 per cent doesn't mean anything in any event because science is not a
consensus issue. Science is whatever the science is and the fact remains
there is no empirical evidence to show that man-made CO2, man-made emissions
are adding to the temperature on earth. We haven't had any measurable
increase in temperature on earth for the last 17.5 years. If you look back
over history, there's no evidence that CO2 has driven the climate either. So
I know that this is a view which is peddled consistently, but I think that
the edifice which is the climate change establishment is now starting to
look rather shaky because mother nature is not complying.
-- Maurice Newman, chair of PM's Business Advisory Council, ABC "Lateline",

Obese kids don't view themselves as overweight, says CDC report
Tech Times, 23 Jul 2014 14:02Z
A good number of children who are overweight and obese have a misconception
regarding their weight, claims new CDC data. That doesn't bode well for
getting children to adopt healthier lifestyles, say researchers.

It sounds simple, but there is a catch.
An inconsistent theory can prove it own consistency.
I call con(T) the Axiom of Denial.
It allows us to simply deny a contradiction exists.
-- RussellE <***@gmail.com>, Fri, 8 Jul 2011 20:07 -0700 (PDT)